Troop 101 is a scout led troop. This means that the scouts decide on the outings that interest them the most. They vote on it and with the guidance and support of trained adult leaders, plan and lead these events. Scout leaders make sure that each scout takes on different roles. Everything from leadership responsibility to cooperative team building is encouraged and taught. Never tried it before? No problem, you’ll be learning new skills while you’re having fun. And these are skills you can use for a lifetime. Plus, think on this. When Monday morning rolls around, you get to say, “I hiked and fished this weekend. I explored an amazing cave and learned rock climbing. I tried skiing and snowboarding and it was great.”
Where does your trail lead?
Your adventure starts here with Boy Scouts. Picture yourself open tent camping below a million visible stars or backpacking through a towering pine forest. Can you see yourself caving above a stalagmite filled cavern or horseback riding through a sandy limestone valley? Have you ever thought of canoeing on a crystal clear lake, or whitewater rafting in a trout-filled river? With Boy Scout troop 101, we don’t just talk about adventure, we make it happen.
Boy Scouts is open to all boys ages 11 to 18. Troop 101 plans and prepares boy scouts for lifelong character and leadership skills. During our outings and events we strive to provide a cooperative and supportive environment for scouts to achieve their personal and group goals. The scout law states that a scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. The leadership team and troop parents’ committee strive to instill this code in all of our events. No boy will be turned away due to lack of funds.
How do I join Troop 101?
Here are some of fun outings we’ve enjoyed over the past couple of years.
- Wilderness Survival camping
- Indian Prairie District Camporee at Scout Adventure Camp, Rochelle, IL
- Family Thanksgiving Feast
- Annual Lock-In starts with jumping at Sky High Trampoline & fun and games all night at Community Christian Church
- Winter challenge course with sled and supplies, plus other outdoor winter activities
- Leadership training & teambuilding, high ropes and zip-lining activities
- Archery, rifle, and shotgun shooting
- Canoeing or kayaking down the Kishwaukee River
- Spelunking through Eagle Cave
- Summer Camp at Camp Freeland Leslie
Ready to start on your next adventure?
With Boy Scout troop 101, we know the trail that will lead you there.